Note: Our In-Store Returns Policy differs from the Online Returns Policy due to:
- In-store purchases allow our customers the ability to see, touch and size items which differs from purchasing online. Therefore customers have more opportunity to discern and accept the jewellery item they wish to purchase and do so while understanding this In-Store Returns Policy.
York Jewellers in-store returns policy, 21-day exchange or store credit:
If your new York Jewellers piece just isn't for you - that's okay.
As a valued customer of ours, we wish to make your exchange or store credit as simple and stress-free as possible. If you are concerned about your exchange or store credit, we recommend that you read on to learn more about how it works.
Your in-store entitlement to a refund, exchange or store credit:
Our sales team take the greatest care with our jewellery, ensuring that each item is sold to our customers in new condition and without any design faults.
You may ask for a refund if an item has a manufacturing fault, however we do not under any circumstance accept refunds for change of mind.
If you would like a refund, exchange or store credit, the purchase must be returned to store by the person who purchased the item provided with:
- Proof of identification such as a license OR proof of purchase such as a receipt
- The jewellery item in the original packaging, with any provided certificate
- If purchased with card, only the same card will be issued the refund
- A reason for claiming the refund, exchange or store credit
All we ask at York Jewellers is that if you wish to request a refund, exchange or store credit for your jewellery, that the item not be worn or damaged.
Please note we do not accept returns when:
- The original purchaser is not present and another individual returns the item to our store.
- Returned items are not in their original condition, i.e. worn, damaged, altered, or returned to store without original packaging and documentation
- Returned items are outside the specified return time frame of 21 days from purchase.
- An order includes specially ordered, resized or customised items
- We welcome your rights to a refund but should any of the above occur; we reserve the right to deny the products return
Returning items to us:
If you wish to return an item to us, we recommend that you do so as soon as possible after deciding to request for a refund, exchange or store credit. Delayed claims for refund, exchange or store credit will lead to your request being rejected.
We reserve the right to assess the condition of a returned item before offering a refund, exchange or store credit. This may result in a refund, exchange or store credit being refused. You may be entitled to a refund equal to the cost of the item only. You also may be entitled to an exchange for another item or a store credit for you to use at your leisure and without expiry.
How to return items in-store
If the jewellery item was purchased in-store, the purchaser is responsible for the return in-store.
We are unable to discuss purchases of jewellery with anybody other than the original customer.
York Jewellers take no responsibility for items that were previously purchased in-store and that are returned but have become lost in transit or not delivered to us.
Provision of refunds to you
All refunds will be issued via the same payment method used to purchase the items and if processed with card, with the same cardholder. Refunds are not always easy and we appreciate patience as there may be delays in the provision of the refund that may be caused by the issuing bank. Please contact us if you have not received your refund within five (5) days of us notifying you that a refund has been issued.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding our In-Store Refunds & Returns Policy.
In-Store Refunds & Returns Policy last updated on 24th May, 2022.
York Jewellers Pty Ltd A.C.N.002 672 906 (we, us, our, or York Jewellers) makes every effort to be fully transparent at all times. Accordingly, we have developed this Refunds & Returns Policy to ensure that you are fully aware of your rights concerning refunds and returns.